Nothing says “I love you” like bustin’ ass at the gaming table and blaming it on the dog.
Valentine's Day Chili
Chili recipe featuring items that will remind you of Valentine's Day. Or not.
Write a review
- 1 pound stew meat
- 1 tube Jimmy Dean sausage (hot / spicy)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili paste (not the hot sauce)
- 1 box Carroll Shelby chili mix
- 1/2 big ass onion, or 1 medium onion, or 2 little onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- Heat crock pot / slow cooker on HIGH
- Cook sausage completely in a skillet
- While the sausage is cooking, add two cans of diced tomatoes to the slow cooker
- Add the main spices packet and the cayenne pepper packet from the Carroll Shelby chili kit
- Add Sriracha chili paste to slow cooker
- Mix sausage into slow cooker
- Cook stew meat completely in the same skillet. Do not drain grease from the sausage
- Mix stew meat into slow cooker, continue to cook on HIGH for 3 hours
- Reduce slow cooker heat to LOW
- Chop onions and add to slow cooker
- Chop red pepper and add to slow cooker
- Cook for another 2 hours
- Reduce slow cooker heat to WARM
- Drain can of red beans, add to mix
- Drain can of white beans, add to mix
- Cook for another 1 - 2 hours
- Turn slow cooker OFF when serving
- This recipe has everything you need for an exciting Valentine's day: two kinds of meat, the "love apple" (also known as the tomato), a slightly sweet taste from the Sriracha paste, and everything else is white or red.
- I recommend turning your slow cooker to OFF when you serve; by the time everyone leaves for the night the crock pot will be cool enough to handle.
- We add a small amount of chili to a burger patty in between two pieces of cheap burger buns, but you can eat this by itself in a bowl, too.
Board Games & Burger Night http://www.boardgamesandburgernight.com/