Artichoke a bitch for another one of these burgers…
Spinach & Artichoke Dip Bread Burger
Be prepared with lots of napkins. This one gets oozey.
Write a review
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) block of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1/2 of a small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add artichoke hearts, spinach, onion, garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the Italian blend shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese. Mix on low speed until smooth and combined. Set aside while you prepare the bread.
- Hollow out the center of each half of the Italian bread. Stuff each half with an equal amount of filling. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Italian blend shredded cheese onto each half.
- Cover bread loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the filling is hot.
- Remove the foil and let bake until the top of the cheese is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Let bread rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice into patty sized squares for use as top and bottom buns for your burger patty.
Board Games & Burger Night http://www.boardgamesandburgernight.com/