” It’s a salad, only bigger, with lots of stuff in it…”
Red Cabbage Salad with Sesame, Ginger and Toasted Almonds
Crunchy and refreshing with the zing of ginger and citrus
Write a review
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 Tbsp chopped pickled sushi ginger
- 1/4 cup liquid from the pickled ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped toasted almonds, to taste
- Lemon zest, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage with oil, pickled ginger juice, chopped pickled ginger and salt
- Top with chopped toasted almonds and lemon zest
- I needed a salad.
- I have no idea what possessed me to pour the liquid off of the pickled ginger, but man am I glad I did. This is one of those dishes that looks and tastes a whole lot more complex than it actually is. Try taking it to your next potluck or picnic, it couldn't be easier.
Board Games & Burger Night http://www.boardgamesandburgernight.com/